Have you ever seen black spots on your walls and wondered if it was mold? Knowing how to detect mold in walls is important because if left untreated, it can cause serious health problems. Mold can grow anywhere there is moisture, so it’s important to check for any signs.
If you do find evidence of mold in your walls, don’t panic! You can take steps to remediate the problem and get rid of the mold for good. We’ll walk you through them step-by-step in this article.
Please read our guide on detecting mold in walls and take action today!
What Is Mold Growth And How To Detect Mold In Walls?
Mold is a fungus that grows from multicellular filaments called hyphae. The spores of mold can be found in the air and on different surfaces. Some homeowners don’t know how to detect mold in walls.
When these mold spores are inhaled or ingested, they can cause respiratory problems and other health issues.
- Mold can cause various health problems, including respiratory infections, allergic reactions, and skin infections.
- In some cases, mold exposure can also lead to severe illnesses like pulmonary hemorrhage or cancer.
- People with weakened immune systems, infants, and the elderly are at the greatest risk for developing health problems from mold exposure.
- Mold can also cause damage to building materials and other structures.
- Mold grows in damp, warm, and humid environments.
- It is commonly found in homes, offices, and other buildings. It is also commonly found in outdoor areas, such as on trees, leaves, soil, and other organic matter.
If you suspect that you have a mold problem, it is important to have the area tested by a mold removal professional. Once the mold is identified, it is important to take steps to remove it and prevent it from returning.
How To Detect Mold In Walls
One of the most important things you can do to protect your health is to be aware of the signs of toxic mold and know how to detect it.
Mold can grow anywhere there is moisture. It’s important to be vigilant in checking all areas of your home, especially the bathroom, kitchen, exterior wall, and basements.
Mold can be detected by its characteristic:
- Musty odor
- Look for patches of black (black mold), green, or brownish growth on exterior walls, ceilings, floors, furniture, or other surfaces.
However, it can sometimes be difficult to spot mold because it can be hidden and there are no visible signs.
Five Most Common Causes of Mold Growth
- Open Windows and Doors when mold spores are at their highest
- Poor home maintenance – plumbing leaks, wall cavities, water damage, roof leaks, burst pipe, moisture intrusion, water stains, and poor window and door seals.
- Humidity and Warm area of your home.
- Wet Laundry or Clothing
- Poor Ventilation
What To Do When Finding Mold in Your Home?
If you suspect you have a mold problem, taking action immediately is important.
- The first step is to identify the source of the moisture problem and fix it. It may involve repairing leaks (leaking pipes or water damage), increasing ventilation, or using a dehumidifier.
- Once the source of moisture is fixed, you can begin cleaning up the mold.
- If the moldy area is small (less than 10 square feet), you can probably clean it yourself. Start by wiping down all surfaces with a solution of 1 part bleach to 10 parts water. Be sure to wear gloves and a mask, and open the windows for ventilation.
- Once the area is clean, dry it thoroughly to prevent mold from returning.
- If the moldy area is larger, or if you have respiratory problems, it’s best to call a professional. They will have the proper equipment and training to remove the mold safely.
Preventing mold is the best way to keep your home healthy. Be sure to immediately fix any leaks or other moisture problems, and keep an eye out for signs of mold.
By taking these simple steps, you can help keep your home mold-free.
Call us today at 561-621-2654 for mold testing or inspection.
What are the health risks associated with visible mold?
There are many health risks associated with molds, which is why it is important to get rid of any molds you may find in your home. Molds can cause respiratory problems, skin irritation, and even neurological problems. It is, therefore, important to take precautions when dealing with molds and to ensure that you get rid of them as quickly as possible.
Health risks associated with molds:
- Respiratory problems: Molds can cause various respiratory problems, including asthma, bronchitis, and pneumonia.
- Skin irritation: Molds can also cause skin irritation, rashes, and hives.
- Neurological problems: In some cases, molds can cause neurological problems, such as headaches, dizziness, and memory loss.
It is better to have your regular mold inspection inside the walls of your home. It will prevent any serious health risks to your family.
Rescue Clean 911 is the number 1 mold inspector in Wellington, Florida. We offer quality service to remove the mold, not to further the wall cavity and musty smell.
Call us today at 833-253-2699 for a test for a mold inspection. We also help you detect black mold inside the walls of your home.
Mold Removal Tips: What to do if you find mold spores in your home
If you find mold growing in your home, it is important to take action immediately. Mold can cause various health problems, so getting rid of it as soon as possible is important.
There are a few things you can do to get rid of mold:
- Clean the mold with detergent and water
- Remove any wet or damaged materials
- Dry out the area completely
- Apply a sealant to the area to prevent mold from returning
Resources For further information about mold
Mold growing or hidden mold can be a dangerous substance if it is not handled correctly. It can cause various health problems, depending on the mold type and the exposure level.
Some people are more susceptible to mold allergies than others, so it is important to take precautions when dealing with them. Building materials are also prone to mold growth.
Several resources are available to help you learn more about mold and how to deal with it. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has information about mold and mold cleanup on its website. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) also has information about mold and its health effects. Local libraries may also have resources available.
Mold Growth Is a Serious Problem – Call The Professional!
Molds can be dangerous to our families. Knowing how to detect mold in walls is an essential skill that every homeowner should master.
We are Your Mold Remediation Experts!
Rescue Clean 911 is here to help you with mold removal. We help prevent mold inside the walls of your home and make it a safe place for your family. If it’s already there, you can always remove the mold using our help.
If you’re a property owner and don’t know how to detect mold in walls, you’re one step closer to cleaning out mold in your property.
Call us today at 833-253-2699 if you want a test for mold, so we can inspect and properly remediate the mold problem. We will find hidden mold in your interior wall, closet walls, crawl space, basement, and any specific room wherein there is susceptible mold growth.